Thursday, November 12, 2009

I read the news today, oh boy

Everyday before I go to bed I have a plan in my mind about what the next day will be like. My Romanticized idea is that I will wake up (and not put my alarm on snooze), do yoga , take a shower, eat breakfast, and ,with the time I have to spare after all the daily morning routines, write. I now question my abilities to stick with something and follow through. My mornings have instead turned to a non structured lump of sleep addicted and hibernative tendencies. Some days I don't follow through for a reason: a headache, a bad nights sleep, wanting to continue a good dream I was having (which is a skill I am lucky to have, because as I have heard being able to control the playback of your dream like a DVD is a rare skill), but most of the time I just want to sleep. Perhaps this is just a solidification of my being an animal, just like every other creature, and adapting to this new winter environment, yes either that or I'm just a lazy human.

But I guess for all my persona issues with myself I have been getting some things done. I finally decided on where I will be going for my 5 to 7 week field study.... wait for it....wait for it....BORNEO. Yes, the land of orangutans, fruit that smells like feet and tastes to match. An island divided in 3 by Indonesia, Malaysia, and Brunei. I am also working on putting up an account of my travels up north, and little by little it is getting there. Of course every time I sit down at the computer to write, I get distracted and instead waste my time on useless Internet frivolities.

But, it looks like I have some time now to write, because class doesn't start till 1 o'clock. I'm gonna try and actually write a decent portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment