Monday, September 21, 2009

1 month in

I can believe it has already been a month. In some ways I feel like I have only been here for a short time, and in other ways I feel like it has already been half a year. From what I can gauge so far I am going to love it here. I love Sweden and it just feels so normal and right. When I am surrounded by the culture and language I feel like I am filling up a part of me that was never really full before. Its like I am connecting to another part of myself. The only thing that is really bothering me is the lack of things to do here. Tomelilla is a tiny little town with nothing to do, and though some larger cities are within 30 mins to an 1 hr by train its not really feasable to go out during the week. I suppose as time goes by I will figure something out.

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on the surreal time experience. My one-month mark is in a week, but I feel like I've been here forever while also just stepping off the plane. If it makes you feel any better, there's usually nothing to do in Arad except stay home or go and get drunk. Are you in Tomelilla the whole year?

    P.S. I miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete