Wednesday, September 2, 2009

8/27 and 8/29

8/27/09
WE HAVE LIFT OFF! We just took part in our program’s first official trip. We weren’t in some far away land surrounded by jungle, or dangerous animals, or an unstudied group of people, but on a trip through the forests of Sweden. This was a treat for me, for even though I have seen most of the south of Sweden; I never really went exploring or camping. Something that gives one a completely different feel for the area. The entire international program went on this 2-day excursion. The prospect was met with varied moans, complaints, and from some squeals of excitement, myself included. The proposed plan was a 7 or 8-kilometer hike to our overnight, and then the next day a 14 or 15 kilometer hike to the ocean. In real Swedish fashion, the only thing people were chatting about now was whether or not the sun would be out and we could lie on the beach. As soon as the sun is out Swedes flock to the beach like something else flocking to somewhere else.

8/29/09
I don know what to write, what to write, something. I need to write something. What use is a blog if you don’t write anything? Anything at all. Golden wheat, purple mountains, all that jazz. I’m at a loss for words, and whether that is because of my surroundings or if I truly have nothing to say I don’t know. Considering I have been in Sweden for almost a month now, and at school for just about 3 weeks, I have nothing considerably interesting to write. The school is a tiny little place, with good food, and a lot of fun people. The town in a tiny little place, with good food, and a lot of fun people. And I suppose can be said for Sweden as a whole. Perhaps part of the reason I don’t have anything to write is because I have to concentrate so hard to bridge the language gap that I am losing my memory and appreciation of events. Because plenty of things have happened. I’ve gotten locked out of my room and had to initiate a secret agent type entry by going in through the window. I have gone of on the town/village with friends from school. I’ve spent real quality time with my grandparents, something I’ve never really been able to do. All this and no commentary or description.

2 comments:

  1. That was a long time w/o blogging, almost a month. Hey, I was camping here the same time you were camping in Sweden haha. Only I camped with a lot of snobby people, but you had fun. I feel weird being the first one to comment on all of these, but it's just to let you know that I'm reading what you're up to and understanding your trip. Dude, you're gonna be there a whole year, so I gotta stay up to date with the quickness. I'm sure you will find something to write about your school. This generally happens when you're somewhere else and speaking another language mostly all day. When it comes to changing back to the other language, it's hard to transfer all the events you had in the first language. Anyway, it'll come back to you, just have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with your writing. All of it. Even when you claim you have nothing to say.

    ReplyDelete